Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Namesake Movie Journal

Five things I understand
1. The movie is different from the book. I noticed that one important part of the book, when Ashoke and Gogol go to the ocean he was little was also in the movie.
2. The movie was better than the movie but I like the actor that was acting as Ashima.
3. I imagined the teen scene of Ashoke in the high school room to be different than the one that they showed because I would have thought that he was more introvert.
4. There was a long shot with the big white building shown in the movie.
5. I understand that the Bengali girl that Gogol married was a cheater and I really disliked her when I found out when I was reading the book.
Four questions I have
1. Did the director read the book before making it?
2. What happens to Gogol after the bad marriage?
3. Does Gogol change his name back to how it was?
4. When Ashoke made the call to the hospital did he know that he was going to have a heart attack?
Three vocabularies
1. There was an over shoulder when Ashima was speaking to her library friend in the table after Ashoke had died.
2. There was an establishing shot at the beginning of the movie with India.
3. There was a long shot of the train that nearly got Ashoke killed.
Two literally elements
1. There was foreshadowing with the sign in the airport with the cross. The cross would usually mean that something bad is going to happen or has happen since the hospital is symbolized with a cross.
2. It was Ironic when Maxine came down from speaking to Gogol that they had just broken up and a lady thought that she was crying because Ashoke had dies.
One sentence summary
1. In the cover of the movie it said that the greatest journeys are the ones that bring you home.

No comments: